We are looking for a permanent field agent to join our research team, with a background in politics, law, sociology or city infrastructure. The role will include:
- Collecting quantitative data about cities around the world.
- Monitoring local news, blogs and the websites of local governments and business. In some cases, you will also be reaching out directly to local businesses, journalists and municipal offices to find local insight.
- You will work closely with a team of economists and data analysts who have developed structured work processes for dealing with large amounts of city data.
- You will participate in creative workshops where you will be part of the development process for developing datasets into compelling news items.
What we seek
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Journalism, Social Sciences or Humanities with a focus either on Data Journalism or Urban Studies.
- You are a self-motivated researcher and feel passionately about the role of facts and data in news reporting; we will place a high value on any previous experience you have of maintaining your own blog on a particular topic, or proven engagement on social networks promoting fact-based discussion.
- You enjoy working to a deadline and are energized by seeing your work being published and making an impact. You are highly disciplined and understand the importance of managing quality against time pressures.
- You are culturally sensitive and curious–experiences of living and travelling abroad are highly valuable. The multi-cultural aspect of the research means that any diversity your background provides will be of great value to understand the cities you cover.
- You have excellent English skills; being able to read multiple other languages will greatly help you in your tasks; German is not required.
- Python or similar coding skills would be a big bonus.
What we offer
- First-hand experience with a highly innovative approach to journalism and public relations.
- An opportunity to further develop programming and data-analytics skills.
- A world-class research process developed through years of experience at leading consultancies and academic institutions.
- A competitive salary.
- An office in Alexanderplatz, with free coffee, fruit and cereals.
To apply for the Field Agent – Data Research role, please write us a short cover letter explaining a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.