Founded 2 years ago, Sweet Spot Public Relations is a highly innovative PR company combining data analytics, investigative journalism and creative storytelling to bring impactful reporting to journalists worldwide. We work with industry patrons who want to establish themselves as thought-leaders on specific topics by financing journalistic missions that have been designed specifically to be valuable to local news.
What will keep you challenged?
- Engaging with clients to understand their research requirements, and translating these into project specifications; managing research projects such that tight deadlines can be met; and liaising with clients on project progress and ongoing refinement of project goals.
- Using Asana project management software, coordinating a team of researchers and analysts collecting and aligning city- and neighbourhood-level datapoints to produce international datasets
- Develop proprietary methodologies for combining country-level and city-level datasets to create new estimates for city-level indicators.
- Engaging with global producers of statistical datasets such as Eurostat, OECD, US statistical agencies, WHO etc. to access and analyze unpublished data.
- Working within a research process that relies on a mix of spreadsheets and Pandas to collect, align and analyze data.
- Producing friendly methodology documents to help journalists of varying levels of numerical competency to understand and report on our results.
What will make you succeed?
- A genuine interest in world cultures and urban life; and a commitment to raising awareness about urban life through the dissemination of quantitative indicators to support evidence-based decision-making and public discourse.
- Strong numerical skills and familiarity with developing models in spreadsheets using advanced spreadsheet functions.
- Strong Python or R skills, and an interest in software engineering and research process development.
- Familiarity with GIS concepts, web scraping, interacting with external databases through APIs.
What we offer
- A fun, flexible and family-friendly working environment that values personal and professional growth.
- A competitive salary.
- The chance to work in an exciting startup environment, with room to grow, taking on more responsibility.
- An office in the heart of Berlin, with free coffee, fruit and cereals.
To apply for the Senior Data Analyst (f/m/div) role, please include your CV and a short cover letter explaining your motivations and why you think you will be a good fit to this role and to our company. We look forward to hearing from you!